PyCon Ireland 2019 – 10th Anniversary!
I was lucky enough to be selected at this years PyCon – this was a very special year, as it was the 10 annual PyCon Ireland!
The title of my talk was ” Adding data visualization
to your Flask app with React Victory charts” this talk covered some topics I had previously touched on, as well as adding in some elements of new projects I had been working on.
Laura took some great pictures:
The talk consisted of 4 parts:
- Creating a Flask application.
- Project setup, storing data, creating app Blueprints.
- Adding a data API to the application
- Adding a React JS frontend to your application.
- Installing Webpack, Babel, React, make some API calls from React.
- Adding React Victory Charts to your application.
- Make a basic chart, look at how to create some really cool charts.
- See here for some cool examples from the Victory Charts official documentation.
- Some tips to secure your API.
- Top tips.
- Avoiding SQL injections.
View the code on GitHub.
You can download the PowerPoint of my slides here:
My slides are also available on Speaker Deck: